Industry Chain Overview
Standards of Inspection and Testing
- In order to ensure the quality of mobile phones, quality control and inspection are essential before shipment. Generally, quality Inspections can help manufacturers:
- 1) Ensure product safety prior to shipping
- 2) Minimize the amount of defective merchandise
- 3) Reduce customer complaints due to inferior products
- 4) Detect merchandise containing non-standard or non-compliant components
- 5) Eliminate late shipments
In the cell phone business, there are some inspection standards for reference, including inspection standards of mobile phone appearance and function, and the tests of mobile phone manufacturing and assembly.
Inspection Standards of Mobile Phone Appearance
Standard for checking the defects of the appearance and structure defects (gaps, balance kinds shall be performed according to the products inspection standards, including
- Definition of the defect level
- Definition of the defects
- Definition of surface
- Inspection condition of the appearance defects
- Inspection method and judgment standard
- Inspection standard of phone handset appearance
- Standard for judging the point (including color point and scratch point) defect
- Standard for judging the linear defects (including scratch and fibers)
Inspection Standards of Mobile Phone Function
To make sure the mobile phones works normally, manufacturers always check the phones' functional defects which will lead to the loss of the part or the whole functions of the products (such as no ring tone, no vibration, missing parts, weak signal, cannot dial out or receive the call).
Mobile Phone Reliability Testing Standard
Mobile phone reliability testing function to assure the quality of mobile phones. The testing will be conducted on both hardware and software. And from the view of different types, the testing comprises Pressure test, Anti-drop test, High/low temperature test, Key life test, Dust test, Humidity test and more.
- Some Of Main Quality Testing Projects
Pressure testTo dial 1000 times phone call continuously on the automatic test software, if there is a problem, we must rewrite relevant softwares.
Anti-drop testAnti-drop test is conducted by special PPRT reliability lab. 0.5m drop test must be done 300 times for per surface (mobile has total 6 surfaces), 2m drop test must be done 1 time for per surface.
High/low temperature testLet the phone in different temperature to test the adaptability of the phone. Low temperature is generally in the minus 20℃， high temperature is at around 80℃。
Key life testWith the help of the machine to give 100000 times hit to keyboard which is equal to user the use of mobile phone 3 years or so.
Dust testPutting the phone in a specific case, the fine sand will be propped up by a dryer, after about 3 hours later, open the phone and check whether there is sand into the interior. If so, the phone airtight design is not good enough, the structure needs to be readjusted.
Humidity testWith a special cabinet machine to do drip test, imitate real sweats situation that needs to sustain 30 hours.